Here’s a short, but important page, to help you understand how we prioritize updates. It will help you understand what happens when you ask for a feature or an improvement.
If you call or email us, here’s what happens
Our Map Team fills in a feature request using the “Feature Request” menu option in the Project Administration panel.
And, if needed…
Our Map Team writes a broader description in an email: FRQ- [Feature Request].
Information documented is
- Category: Feature Request or Bug
- Willingness to fund
- Status: Submitted, Accepted, Done
- Does it fit with our vision and fulfill the needs of our core audience?
- How does the request affect existing projects?
- How will this impact the system (i.e. future coding)?
- Is it funded?
- Does it relate to priorities we’ve previously identified?
- Effort/long term benefit.
- Effort/short term benefit.
- Is there an immediate problem that needs fixing?
We discuss, and take action
- Make the change within a day or two.
- Discuss effort/cost, and add to short term schedule.
- Add to mid-range priorities.
- We respond to the person who submits the request.
- Write a brief blog post
- Add to our guide (which is still in progress)
- Make a video if needed
- Either make the feature for everyone or just premium